Lilypie Assisted Conception tickers Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Places to go...

Friday, January 20, 2017

365 Days



It has been 12 months, 1 year, 365 days since I began my surrogacy journey

That countdown is the very same one that is at the top of this blog, and it's also right next to the other one that says today that I'm 31 weeks 5 days pregnant with my IPs little one. 

In 365 days I've gone from thinking about it to starting it to living it! I'm not far from delivery either...according to the countdown on that ticker I have 58 days until I deliver this sweet babe and watch a wonderful family grow by two more sweet little feet. 

That's wrong though. I won't make it another 58 days...my body doesn't tend to torture me with making it to a due date or beyond. Anytime from 37 weeks on is fair game and my body tends to decide it has done enough growing so babies end up evicted between 37 & 38 weeks. My son was born at 37 weeks and my daughter was somewhere between 37 and 38...we think; there were some measuring mishaps in the very beginning that created some confusion. Healthy is always the most important aspect when it comes to delivery time, I feel pretty darn confident that this little one will check that box. 

This pregnancy has been SO EASY. Now to be fair I have had easy pregnancies with my two bio kids, but there is just an extra layer of easy when you're not planning on bringing a newborn home to live with you. I have been able to enjoy all the pregnancy fun though. The moves and jabs, and the ultrasounds, and the pants with the waistband that doesn't judge :) This is a really sweet and special aspect to surrogacy that everyone, myself included, may not consider when considering a surrogate journey. These "carefree" joys of pregnancy without the planning, and clothes washing, and furniture building, and budget crunching, and all of the other things that happen when you're planning on bringing home a newborn. Don't get me wrong..I enjoyed these things when I was pregnant with my bio kids, but these are also things that were stressors at a different angle depending on the moment. I think the only real pregnancy "complaint" I can file is mild heartburn...nothing to write home about. I've just used it as an excuse to grab a scoop of frozen yogurt or a swig of chocolate milk <3 

Not only has this pregnancy been easy, but it is also flying by, and that is something I'm thankful for on one hand and not on another. I feel like it's going to be over before I'm done enjoying it! I also know that my IPs are going to be busy so while we'll stay in touch it may not be as frequent. This isn't because they have their baby and they're "done with me" as some have said, but because life with a newborn tends to slow communication. The communication may slow on my side as well as I get back to full speed in my life. We'll stay in touch, I made sure to talk about how important that was for me from the very start of this journey, but life will be happening for both families so I expect a slow down. My kids are already looking forward to the day we go to visit our IPs and the family at their home, and it's something my IM and I talk about here and there...it will be such a great time :) 

Speaking of my kiddos. They have been really enjoying feeling this baby move around now that they movements have gotten "big" enough for them to notice. Little Miss E is always checking to make sure things are in place at this baby's home. Enough blankets? Careful siblings? Will baby snowmen be built? She was my biggest concern when it came to the kids understanding what was happening. She knows this baby isn't her sibling, and this baby will not be living with us. All my worries about her understanding were quickly put to rest and she thinks it's as normal as can be. I love her sweet little heart. Big Man N has little to no questions, but does enjoy feeling the baby move around. 

Outside of this pregnancy this year has been enjoyable and somewhat uneventful. We've made several trips to Disney and the beach, a trip to Tennessee to visit family, added a pup-dog to the family just before Christmas, lots of baseball, tumble (gymnastics) joined the line-up this past year, and I've gained some mom friends who have just become friends. 2016 was a really great year and I'm looking forward to enjoying what 2017 has to offer. 

Quiet moment on the beach for N

Little Miss E being her sassy self


No comments:

Post a Comment