Lilypie Assisted Conception tickers Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Places to go...

Thursday, February 18, 2016

Quick update...

Nothing much going on around here...work, school, kiddos...

I did speak with my surrogacy intake coordinator and we have scheduled my labs for this Saturday, and talked about booking my trip out to LA for the in person screening. EXCITEMENT! 

N will be starting t-ball again here in the next week or so, and this will be my last season with just one kiddo in a sport. E will start her sports life in fall after she turns 5! It was really really hard for me to keep her out of the extra activities until now, but I do feel like it was the right decision for us. Now to see what she is hoping to do....soccer? t-ball? dance? gymnastics? cheer? I do think I might have them both try out karate this summer since we have a place to go in our small town, and a good activity while they're out of school. Jeez...that made me think of the fact that E is heading into kindergarten this year...WOW. Add onto that the fact that I will be out from under the big cost of pre-kindy childcare...DOUBLE WOW. 

Which led into another thought...I know, I'm all over the place today, but it made me think of my adoption hopes. A post for another day, but these next couple years will be so exciting as our family hopefully gears up for an adoption (or two???) from the foster care system. 

On a different note..


These past two weeks have had me watching two families in some of their toughest days. One family I know personally whose 23 year old pregnant daughter is missing and presumed deceased. The other family I have never met in person, but through the blog of the mother as she went through her surrogacy journey I have "met" them. This family is surrounding their 9 year old son as his days on this earth are limited due to cancer.

No family deserves this. My thoughts have been on these families daily as they navigate these uncertain days. Life is precious.

I'll leave ya with this gem of N "driving" up to my parent's house. One day he won't be in my lap to drive....



Until later!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment