Lilypie Assisted Conception tickers Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Places to go...

Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Work & Someone Else's Baby



Well hello again!

          A question I have run into frequently as the surrogacy process meanders on is, "what does your boss/work think?" Quite the legitimate question especially considering I just moved to my current position (within the same organization) just under three months ago. Like I said in my previous post I moved to a wonderful department. When I first submitted my application to be a surrogate I honestly did not think it would really happen. In my head there were women lining up out the doors to do this, and I would have to be EXTRA special to be selected, and I'm not extra special I'm just me. Well, regardless of how many women are lining up to be a surrogate my agency, Growing Generations, was very responsive from day one. I was contacted within a day or so and well...I'll go into more of the details later, but in a nutshell I realized this was really going to happen! Back to the talking to my work part...

         Some people may not have mentioned it to their boss so early, but for many reasons I did. First off I was too excited to not tell someone I was with 40 hours a week, and get along with really well. Second I wanted to get a feel for how my boss felt about it. Not that it was a deciding factor, but I felt I was better off going into this knowing what to expect on this particular front. Now, my boss is great, but is not a gung-ho babies/kids type person. Neither my boss nor my boss' significant other have a desire to have kids, but they love spoiling their nieces and nephews. So they aren't like the anti-children! Still I wasn't sure how my boss would respond.

        The response? Well it was not dramatic or very noteworthy at all. After talking in general about it I asked directly what thoughts my boss had about it. The response, "Yeah, I don't see a problem with it. Just don't leave me alone for too long!"

        I have kept the information flowing into my boss' office so there are no surprises. It's the best way I can think of to keep issues from coming up down the road. I suppose only time will tell, but I feel comfortable in knowing I'm not going to have to spring a, "SURPRISE! I went to LA and got pregnant!" line to my boss down the road.

          Again...I'm grateful to be on this journey, and to be lucky so far that I haven't hit a major pocket of resistance.

Until next time...

       

No comments:

Post a Comment